Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Announcement and Words

I've been thinking about this blog a lot over the weekend and have decided that three posts a week will be a better plan than posts every weekday. I will be updating this blog on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. This will allow me to write better content and will not cause me to burn out too quickly and hate the whole blogging thing.

Recently, I've been working on the first Sagebrush Rebellion album. So far I have song ideas for most of it, a name for the album (which I am not ready to announce yet), and a couple songs finish. The first song I finished is a rewrite of a song that's been hanging around for several years. I've re-written the lyrics several times since its original version. I believe that I have found the final version now. The new words fit the theme I want the album to follow and are closer to the style I want all the lyrics in this project to be.


I thought I could share it here and see if people approve of it or not. Its called Words (just a man)


Do you remember me?
And does my name weigh on your mind
Like yours does on mine?
Or has the sound faded in-time?

But these are only words,
And I--I'm just a man.
But they're all I've got now,
Reminiscent melody.

They've built a fence there,
And the grass is greener now.
Transcendent as we were,
Still only I can see its breadth.

But these are only words,
And I--I'm just a man.
Yet they're all I've got now,
Reminiscent memory.

Words may fail,
All won't rhyme,
But "I love you"s
Still ring true.

Do you remember me?
Nights we spent, cold, out in the hay?
Days past in all glory?
You can expect no less from me.

3 comments:

  1. The words are incredible. Therefore it's an amazing song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. :) I appreciate that. I don't recognize your name on here, do I know you personally? Probably a very odd question. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you're indeed very odd :P And yes you know me personally, silly. It's Briana!

    ReplyDelete